Novella Brandhouse is looking for a part-time studio manager. If you’re up for a highly collaborative and imaginative environment where you can work with scaling businesses (and inside one, too!), this is for you. Novella Brandhouse is a brand-focused, full service ad agency that works with a variety of clients to help them scale their business.
This position is responsible for keeping the office and all the behind-the-scenes humming along. Your main focus will be the administrative work that is essential for our processes and creative work to be completed on time and on budget. You will work with every member of the team however, you will report to our Chief Happiness Officer/Director of Client Engagement on duties that range from bookkeeping and HR to project management and office administration. You are not required to illustrate but you must love stick figure drawing.
About the Team
We’re a group of brand loyalists, marketing strategy gurus, digital experts, designers, and writers who came together to help clients focus on strategy and grow their business. The Novella Brandhouse team is highly collaborative, as each team member brings expertise to the table. Every person’s role is important and valued. We are very nerdy about branding, you should be too.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a love for numbers, Excel sheets and geeks out about organization but yearns to be a part of a creative environment. This person should be a self-starter, willing to carry projects and own them from beginning to end and have a little bit of an entrepreneurial spirit. Knowledge of the yacht rock music genre would also go far, but not required.
- Bookkeeping – weekly accounts payable, accounts receivable, biweekly invoicing, reconcile accounts, etc.
- Communicate with the CEO and accounting firm on a regular basis regarding numbers and accounting documents.
- Print quotes, Freshbooks estimates
- Assist in project management
- Onboarding/offboarding new clients and projects
- Onboard new employees/interns
- General office admin + tasks – filing, purchasing supplies, answering phones, coordinating deliveries internally and externally
- Assist with social media implementation and uploading files to social platforms, and monitoring
- Assist in research, as needed
- Other opportunities and responsibilities as they arise
- Appreciate the color red
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 2-5 years bookkeeping experience, if you are an accountant or former accountant, even better, or admin experience. Prefer experience working in an ad agency, marketing firm, design studio, but not required.
- Freshbooks app experience preferred, or related bookkeeping software experience
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience in project management
- Familiar with managing details, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets
- A plus if you have experience with or enjoy social media posting and platforms
- Must be located in Kansas City and available to work in our KC Crossroads office, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (15-18 hours are required in the office with the team. Ideally 9a-3p but that is flexible), Monday and Friday are remote
- 20 hours a week (could progress into full time position as we grow and with the right person)
- $20-$25 per hour (depending on experience + skills), W-2 employee
- Not required to like Fleetwood Mac, but should know who they are before meeting with us.
Perks of the Job
- Floating holidays
- Hybrid office work schedule
- Paid professional development
- Quarterly wellness perk
- Peloton app membership
- Summer Hours – every Friday between Memorial Day and Labor Day is a half-day
- Bring your dog to work
- Office kitchen stocked with good snacks and great coffee
- Cool, KC Crossroads office vibe
To apply, email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form below!
Apply for this job